Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The conundrum of the stocks and my view today

 Stock Talk

I always question the rationality of the often irrational stock market.  Today, I will offer a few opinions on stocks I am watching,  but definitely not advice. I don't do that here.

Inovio:  It's no secret I've been watching this INO.  I think the Covid 19 vaccine they call INO 4800 has several merits as so far demonstrated in preliminary animal and human Phase 1 clinical trial testing. I've already posted on these pros and cons.

Stock wise, the share level has been slammed pretty hard down to 12  range. Looking at the chart, I am staying with "just some" shares of INO. I'll reserve judgement on this until the next decision point comes on vaccine potential. The pipeline of cancer treatments is there but for now , it's all about Inovio's progress on the Covid 19 vaccine.  With Inovio, it feels like a waiting for Godot situation. Such a conundrum. My way is a cautious watchful "some not too much" position.

Apple:  One share of Apple at $500 will soon be 4 shares of Apple at $125. A catalyst may be coming after the split called Apple-Fi. This is rumored as plans to deploy cell phone and internet service through satellites. Could this be the next "big bang" in tech?  Sometimes after the split, a stock will fade some.  Buy 2 shares of Apple now or wait?

That is a conundrum question. I'd say if the first, be ready to accept the second and wait for the next catalyst. 

Yamana Gold:  I took a quick look at Yamana Gold (AUY).  It may be a some stock for our times. At the current $5 to $6 range it is looking interesting in these tumultuous times.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/auy-vs-rgld-stock-better-154003464.html

____

ALL in my humble opinion, scroll down and read more.. 

This site does NOT make Buy / Sell recommendations.
___