Monday, April 5, 2021

Trading and Investing is trying to LooK into The Future. (GM, FORD, MO, Bitcoin) - updates

  Market Talk

 Hello, Spider J. Jones here.  My last few posts have opined about the state of affairs in the political forum.  If anybody reads this blog, you now know where I stand internally on the direction America is headed.

However, this site is about stock watching.  To the level that political forces can drive the  economy, it seems that will affect specific stocks. Especially in a future "rebounding" economy from the pandemic.

We have seen how the big fancy pants money mangers shift stocks around bailing out of big growth tech stocks, even Apple! , and moving into what they consider "value" stocks like infrastructure, materials, banks, etc.
 
The remainder of this post put's aside the disconcerting events happening and looks to the stocks that may outperform.  I am not recommending ANY of the following stocks because I do NOT make buy / sell recommendations..
That said, I may be in or out of any stock in the entire market at any given time.  But my way is that of a small investor, a peasant of sorts.  I will typically have less than 100 shares or thereabouts of any one stock.   Sometimes, if I am feeling bullish on an issue, I may have a few hundred shares.  If it goes up, I may trade some or all depending on what the outlook is in my view.  That's the way I will roll in these uncertain times. It is up to each person to have their own trading and investing plan if in "the market".
 
Without further adieu, the following stocks may be worth watching as  the political forces in power affect their agenda.

Stock Talk
 
On Sunday, meet the Press had the new transportation secretary, Pete B, on with biased-democrat  Chuck.
One of the main notions is to have everybody in Electric Vehicles (ev's)  made in America by 2035.

No matter which party is in control, it seems like GM and Ford with massive ev plans can do well.  At the moment there is a semiconductor "chip" shortage that is slowing auto productions.  However,  one way to take part in the American ev boom may be to accumulate some GM and F in a dollar cost average way in small purchases along the way. . This is not a suggestion but a notion of what may do well in the coming years, long term.  But the auto industry is an economic sensitive sector. That said, it's not a put all your eggs in that basket sector. maybe some here n' there to see how the future plays out.

I mention the following stock reluctantly - Caterpillar Inc (CAT).  Like GM and Ford, the stock can ebb and flow with the economy.  With infrastructure being all the buzz, CAT is expected to play a roll. However , it's already at an all time high of 234 a share currently.  If we can believe that massive funding is going into "infrastructure"  over the next ten years then CAT tractors will have a big roll in the work. Since it is at an all time high, maybe accumulating small amounts of shares like 4 shares when there is an extra 1000. laying around.  But for me?  It goes against my grain to be buying shares over 200 a share. I'll pass on CAT at the moment.
 
Bitcoin -  Is bitcoin a buy some as a hedge against anticipated inflation?  It seems to be all the buzz. I suspect especially with the rich liberal Democrats who now want to hedge their alliance with themselves.  We can't predict accurately about bitcoin and crypto currency. people think they can, but they can't. I could go on and on about the why.
But , I will say that maybe having a little crypto may be a possible hedge and it may not be.  I started accumulating some bitcoin because I am watching the younger generation of my son and friends that accumulate some here and there. And they have a don't sell it mindset.

Other stocks I am watching:

MO some mighty fine dividend. don't smoke but people do.

Small under the radar some stocks? :
 
NNOMF- Cathode battery stock with innovative patents.

CYTR - small Biotech with big ideas and supplies a part of the compounds to larger Pharma with some possible breakthroughs coming (Pancreatic cancer for one).  Clinical trials in progress, speculative. (not every compound meets the bar for every ailment, but it only takes one)

I had mentioned a few other stocks before as speculative to see what happens.  Chinese crypto related stock EBON.   It was in my penalty box for diluting shares before announcing a crypto-exchange launch. Ebon turned out to be a dilution dog. Its now got a big short seller on it. Yesterday, I was holding a few shares but I've had it. I'm out to cut the loss.
 
Although not a stock - maybe buy some Crypto Bitcoin when it dips -  in small portions. It can be bought and saved in $1 dollar increments.  Maybe just $25 to $100 works now n then as a hedge.  Just some - also maybe some Ethereum.  Most Crypto enthusiasts say $ cost average into it over time.  Crypto can be bought on Paypal and Coinbase.com for example.  Crypto nerds would say Paypal does not give you the Crypto codes as the coinbase.com site allows.  But for neophytes that just want some Crypto exposure -  maybe Paypal works Ok for them because it is easy to use and trade.  But remember, when you sell Crypto, it's a IRS capital gain or loss just like a stock.
 
Dry $ Powder.  (I include some crypto like bitcoin in the mix)
 
 In closing, I will leave it up to the reader to check some stocks of interest out and perform their own due diligence.

___

ALL in my humble opinion, scroll down and read more.. 
This site does NOT make Buy / Sell recommendations.
___