Monday, November 23, 2020

Wall Street looks past a grim Dark Winter of Democrat Hell on Main street

 

Market Talk
 

The market continues exuberance about recent vaccines being announced.  The Dow is over 29,500 as of this post. Actual vaccines will not be available to the general public for months. Then the logistics of getting the current "super cooled" vaccines intact and stable to people will not be as easy as the market just assumes.

Just a short time ago , attributed deaths to C19 in the US was 200,000.  As of today, deaths have climbed to 256,000 people.  On top of that Covid 19 infections are surging and severe illness is now being seen in the younger population as well.

So we see talk of lockdowns and various debates about applying lockdowns where the spikes occur. 

Since I live close to a Main street, I have a hard time getting behind this market and the pundits that are bullish.  I read one article that advocated buying stocks because it is "counter intuitive" and advocated doing the opposite of what the chart says that stock prices have peaked out.

To be honest,  I'll have to say I am skeptical about the market's rise.   Usually when this happens I just stay on the sidelines.  I hold "some" of the stocks I have posted about. For me, watching the progress or lack of progress in short and long term prospects of each particular issue and "trading"  accordingly  may be a thing to do. I may buy or sell some as developments progress or not.  

Since I can't get behind the apparent "market ebullience"  that looks past the coming pain and deaths on Main Street, I may forego posting for awhile. The market looks like a ship of fools to me from this vantage point. Then again, maybe things will be better in spring of 2021.  Maybe,  I hope so.


__
ALL in my humble opinion, scroll down and read more.. 
This site does NOT make Buy / Sell recommendations.
___